Information Collection and How We Use It
Two types of information may be collected during the use of this Site: 1) personally identifiable information entered by you; and 2) page view information gathered for use in page navigation analysis such as the most frequently viewed page.
Personally Identifiable Information
In general, no personally identifiable information is obtained by visiting our Site. However, in order to access particular features of the Site, information provided by you, including name and e-mail address, may be stored in our records. Examples include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Registration: Certain features of this site may require you to register. Features such as marketing documents, technical support, customer service, and general sales inquiries may require registration. You may be asked for information such as name, e-mail address, and phone number during registration, and you may be asked additional information as related to the feature or program. This information may be used in order to facilitate the current issue or information request and may also be used to proactively notify you of technical or other issues potentially affecting you and/or your usage of this Site. To cancel your registration, contact [email protected].
- Purchase and Return: You will be asked to provide your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card information and billing information as required to purchase or return products through this Site. This information may be stored in our records as necessary to process the order or return, and your e-mail address will be used to provide updates pertaining to your purchase or return.
- Data Access and Storage: Certain features of this Site may require you to create a Web Account. Such an account may include registration information, purchase information, password, and/or information specific to the Web Account feature. The Web Account password may be changed or reset as needed by visiting the member sign-in page.
- Promotions, Sweepstakes, and Contests: Splankna, by means of this Site or other mechanisms, may offer special promotions, sweepstakes, and/or contests from time to time. In choosing to participate, you will be required to submit your name, e-mail address, address, and other information about you relevant to the specific promotion, sweepstakes, or contest. The information submitted will be used to select winners, deliver notifications to the winners, and communicate otherwise in connection with the administration of the promotion, sweepstakes, and/or contest. We also reserve the right to share with contest sponsors or partners in the promotion, sweepstakes, and/or contest information contributed by you according to the disclosure as outlined in the applicable terms and conditions or rules for the promotion, sweepstakes, and/or contest.
- Newsletters and Information about Products, Programs, Services, and Promotions: Newsletters or other communications providing information about Splankna products, programs, services, and promotions may be sent to e-mail addresses collected during registration or through other features of this Site, and you may choose to opt-out of said newsletters or other communications by contacting [email protected].
Note that information submitted by you on this Site will be used in various ways, including: 1) communications pertaining to specific inquiries or requests; 2) authentication of you, the registered user, for Site features such as the Web Account; 3) according with the terms set forth herein; and 4) as otherwise disclosed in accordance with the terms and conditions applicable to the particular Site feature requiring information submitted by you. Also note that we may share with third party partners your personally identifiable information in order to respond to inquiries, to fulfill services and product orders, to administer promotions or other marketing activities, or other Site features. Additionally, your personally identifiable information may be shared with partners, subsidiaries, sponsors, affiliates, advertisers or other third parties to provide promotional or other offers and product information. It is your right to direct us not to share your personally identifiable information with third parties, to not send newsletters, and to not send information or offers, and you may therefore send us an e-mail at [email protected] with your request clearly stated. Except as stated herein, your personally identifiable information will not be supplied to any third parties without prior approval from you.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We collect information about Site visitors such as pages viewed, duration of Site visits, IP Address, and subsequent Site visits. Utilizing technologies such as “cookies” and “IP Address” to obtain statistics about visitors to this Site, we are able to aggregate data without personally identifiable information and analyze and enhance visitor experience. We may, from time to time, share this aggregated data and analysis when describing the Site to potential and existing business partners, sponsors, advertisers, third parties, or possibly in response to a government request. While this data may potentially identify a network carrier, company, or other organization, the aggregated data will not contain personally identifiable information about visitors to this Site.
Our web servers typically receive the IP Address of the computer from which a request for web page is made. We collect IP Addresses to track usage of this Site and for system administration. While visitors remain anonymous, we reserve the right to utilize IP Addresses if and when necessary to enforce compliance with this Site’s policies or to protect this Site, members, or others.
Cookies represent pieces of information that may be utilized to identify a computer when accessing a web site via the Internet. While cookies may also be used to store preferences and settings, this information does contain personally identifiable information. By utilizing cookies, we are able to analyze visitor information such as total number of pages viewed, repeat visits to this Site, and the most popular pages viewed, which then enables us to update and improve this Site.
Your browser may have cookies enabled by default, which may be disabled using the preferences or settings for the browser. Likewise, you may delete cookies, and thereby reset the information contained in the cookies.
If required by legal action, we reserve the right to disclose personally identifiable or non-personally identifiable information in order to fulfill a government request, satisfy legal process if served on us, defend our legal rights or property, conform with legal requirements in response to legal process served on us, or in response to an emergency to protect the safety and health of this Site’s visitors or the general public.
Privacy of Children Under 13
This Site or other information collection mechanisms we use is/are not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age, except for the limited circumstances described below. In the event a child under the age of 13 submits a question to us on this Site and identifies his or her age, we may use the child’s e-mail address for the sole purpose of responding to the child’s question on a one-time-only basis. However, we will not use the child’s e-mail address to re-contact the child and we will delete it from our records once we have responded. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
In no way is this Site or other data collection mechanisms in use directed to children under 13. In the event that a child under the age of 13 submits a question or otherwise communicates with us, we may use the child’s e-mail address in return correspondence or inadvertently in marketing communications. However, if any child under the age of 13 identifies his or her age, we may utilize the child’s e-mail for a one-time correspondence but will then make reasonable efforts to delete that e-mail from our records.
We may conduct surveys on this Site at times. To participate, information may be requested that identifies certain demographic data, such as age, gender, zip code, etc. We may store demographic data in our records, and we may publish the results of the survey, but only in aggregate. We may share results of surveys with third party advertisers or sponsors, but no personally identifiable information will be included.
If you choose, you may opt out of newsletter, e-mail, and/or other communications by following unsubscribe instructions in said communications or contacting us at [email protected]. Include or attach a copy of unwanted communication for improved service.
Keeping Your Information Secure
We implement security measures to protect against data loss, misuse, and modification of the information in our records. However, while we protect your personally identifiable information and privacy with reasonable security measures, we are unable to guarantee or warrant the security of information disclosed by you or transmitted to us online and cannot be held responsible for theft, destruction, or accidental disclosure of your personally identifiable information.
If you are a member of the Splankna Practitioner Portal, or if you have registered on this Site, your password is used to protect your account and information contained in the account profile. You are solely responsible for the password, and we recommend changing the password periodically and not sharing that password with others. We will never request your password, and we recommend never providing your password aside from accessing your account directly through this Site.
Transfer of Assets
We continue to develop our business, and at times may buy or sell assets. Likewise, if another entity were to acquire the Company or substantially all of our assets, including assets related to this Site, our records containing personally identifiable information and any other information obtained through this Site will become assets of the acquiring entity. Similarly, if a bankruptcy or reorganization event occurs, our records containing personally identifiable information and any other information obtained through this Site may be sold or transferred to third parties.
Links to Other Sites
Links to other websites that we do not control may exist on this Site, and the privacy practices of those sites is independent of the policies and practices of this Site.